Springtime is here again! And summer is just around the corner! It's time to turn your attention to your lawn and landscape. There are timely applications and services that you should do now.
If you are interested in landscape work or hardscapes (patios, walkways, retaining walls, etc) call for your estimate as soon as possible to avoid the spring rush! If you have any questions at all, please call anytime!
Fall Seasonal Tips:
- Plant spring bulbs, perennials, grass seed, trees and shrubs – fall provides the ideal weather for good establishment of new plantings
- Transplant / Divide/down size plants
- Apply lime to your lawn every fall. Lime regulates the pH level of your soil, which in turn impacts the health of your lawn. Deming Lawn and Landscape offers a free application of lime for your lawn with NEW yearly fertilization program.
- Feed your plants and trees every Spring and Fall with slow released granular fertilizer. This helps promote beautiful blooms and protect from winter damage.
- Core aerate and Reseed your lawn every year for plush results.
- Dethatch your lawn every 3-5 years.
- Feed your lawn with a cold weather blend, which will give the roots a boost in preparing for the winter months ahead
Winter Seasonal Tips:
- Prune fruit and shade trees during January/February timeframe
- If winter is dry and windy, water thoroughly on a day with temperatures over 40 degrees
- Apply lime to your lawn during Nov-Jan timeframe, if you have not recently done so
- Start your indoor vegetable and/or flower seeds during the winter
- Keep walkways and patios free of water and debris, which can cause damage to concrete and brick as winter temperatures shift. Deming Lawn and Landscape can assist you with proper drainage so that water and debris will not accumulate on or around walkways and patios.
- Remove fallen blossoms and leaves from your flower beds to prevent the growth of fungus and molds
- Winter is an ideal time to contact Deming Lawn and Landscape to discuss remodeling or updating your yard. Plan ahead to get our best prices of the year. We routinely offer winter discounts on many of our products and services.